We all have been there!
As a parent, you DO have days when you feel stressed, anxious, and under pressure.
In the post What helps me to get through those tough days, I share simple tips that help me deal with those moments when my children drive me crazy.
However, there are moments when we feel overwhelmed even when our children are “good”.
As mums, we sometimes feel stressed for no apparent reason.
It can be a bad night’s sleep, a bad pillow, life circumstances, a comment from a stranger, or just having ‘one of those days.
Parental stress is real and it happens to every parent regardless.
The question is, how do you deal with parenting stress?
In this blog post, I share a few simple stress-relieving hacks that will boost your mood in no time!
Let’s dive in.
- Smile. Even when you don’t feel like it.
- Close your eyes and take three deep breaths.
- Read spiritual literature.
- Look up to the sky and watch it quietly for a while.
- Make your home smell nice.
- Smile at yourself in the mirror.
- Try some simple stretches.
- Remember something that made you laugh.
- Look at your child and try to see yourself in them.
- Clean your home.
- Smile at the people you meet.
- Take a hot bath, light the candles and play relaxing music.
- Wrap yourself up in a warm towel or a robe.
- Do something that you have been putting off for a long time.
- Start reading a good book.
- Redecorate your children’s bedroom! Click HERE for bedroom ideas. (and check out those wallpapers, you feel good just looking at them! )
- Sit down in front of the TV, wrap yourself in a warm blanket and watch your favourite movie.
- Learn to meditate and try to do it at least once a day.
- Open the curtains, let the light into your home.
- Eat a piece of dark chocolate.
- Order your favourite food and have a glass of wine with it.
- Go for a walk in nature.
- Go through old photos.
- Call a good friend.
- Buy yourself something small.
- Hug a tree.
- Imagine the smell of coffee.
- Turn off your phone.
- Hug a pet.
- Go out and meet people.
- Plan your future.
- Think about people in your life who make it more beautiful.
- Think about what you are looking forward to.
- Watch fishes in an aquarium.
- Massage your feet with a small ball.
- Brush your hair.
- Drip your wrist with cold water.
- Give yourself a hand massage.
- Send a friend, mom or sister a simple ‘thinking of you’ text and wait for their nice response.
- Turn on your favourite program and cook or bake a cake.
- Make small adjustments in your home.
- Write down the good things that happened to you on that day. Even those little things.
- Gently clench your left hand.
- Leave the thick socks on the radiator for some time and then put them on your feet.
- Change the background image on your computer.
- Imagine that someone suddenly takes away from you everything you have and then gives it back to you.
- Read motivational and inspirational quotes.
- Notice the beauty in everything that surrounds you.
- Breathe and realise what a luxury it is.
- Listen to a guided meditation podcast.
- Repeat this mantra: There is nothing I have to do right now and at any given moment.
50 Simple Tips That Will Make You Feel Good INSTANTLY
There you go!
I hope you find these tips helpful and that they will help you cope with parenting stress with more ease.
Which one are you going to try first?
Let me know in the comments!